Friday, February 5, 2010

New To This

I was formally known as recruit one, now I am part of the Super Stephens!
I regret that I am not the writer my mother is. So if you expecting funny story's with great grammar and punctuation. Go to krazy eights blog page. I am not totally sure what I should blog first? I suppose I should start from the very beginning.

June 25, 2009

So I woke up on this bright summer day knowing that my life was about to kick off. But in true Krazy Eight fashion it wouldn't start without its share of bumps.

Like I said I woke up, went through my normal routine of getting dressed. But this morning it was different, there was a bittersweet feeling as I fought my way into the bathroom, and pushed out all the other recruits. I guess this was the first realization that one: I would LOVE having my own bathroom. two: I was leaving behind my best friends (two, three, four, five, and six).

And as the feeling of tears came to me, I thought about having a WHOLE bathroom all to myself... and I was fine again. So after I got my make up on I double checked the house for anything that I needed to pack, or the stuff of my sisters I just wanted to take.

After I had tucked away everything I had found, I loaded up my very heavy suit case, and put it by the front door. That too was bittersweet, but again I thought of the bathroom!

Before I left there was still a few things required of me. That week I was watching GG's dogs and I had to say goodbye to ms. Taylor (GG's dog). But before that I was gonna stop by Andy's and say goodbye to my very good friend B. So I bounced into my red jeep, threw the radio on and drove the three or four miles to where she was working.

I pulled up to Andy's and felt a ping of sorrow, this was our hang out spot. This is where we formulated all of our plans. This is where I gained ten pounds! and this was going to be the last time that I was there. But I still got out and went in. I saw B, and her face automatically turned down. She was feeling the sorrow too! But I ordered my regular meal, and ate it super quick. And then I said goodbye to the cook, who gave me a free pint of ice cream! Then the time came to say goodbye to my friend who was one of the most loyal people I would ever meet! In our own true fashion we waved, hugged, and said a quick goodbye so that the tears wouldn't come. But as I walked to my car...alone, the tears came.

So I drove slowly to GG's house, finally allowing myself to mourn for the childhood that was slowly slipping away. So in order to stop crying I thought of what colors I would do MY bathroom in!

That totally cheered me up, and as I got to the house that many dinners, parties, and fun had taken place in,I realized that it was OK to be sad! So I was sad as I gave Taylor her food, and a treat. I wrote a quick note to my Brown family, locked the door, walked to my jeep, and got in.

BUT as I went to grab my keys from my back pocket... THEY WERE NOT THERE!!!!! So I thought oh crap. I reached for my phone so i could be rescued! BUT MY PHONE WASN'T THEIR EITHER! I not only locked my self out of the house, but I had to be home so I could catch my flight out. So I looked for an unlocked window. But to no avail, GG had well locked every single window and door. I walked to the house across the street and asked to use the phone, and I called my mom. Not really sure what she said to me, but ten minutes later there she was saving me...as she had done many times before.

So I got all my stuff and drove back to my house. Where I said goodbye to the other people who shared my DNA, and drove to the air port with my mother and Father.

From there its a blur, I know watching my mom and dad leave me there, knowing this time I wasn't coming back. Broke my heart. So I picked a seat by the window and watched for my plane to land.

BUT just as I felt totally along the security lady made an announcement that there was a young lady looking for her best friend, that was leaving for college. B had driven like a mad woman to the air port where I was leaving. I couldn't stop the tears, I ran through security and hugged her so relieved she had made it before I left. But this relieved feeling was shortly lived, because the plain was boarding and I had to go back through security.

So I flew to my new home, where my life would change forever. June 25, 2009 will always be the day that I thought more about bathrooms, than I ever had before.

stay tuned for the rest of the story...

2 comments:

  1. and I kept walking away. stopping and watching you in the security line. I didn't boob until we walked outside to the truck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so cute! You're a great writer!

    ReplyDelete